How to Find a Right Moving Company for Hassle Free Moving
There have been horror stories of moving companies that have damaged furniture and paintings and have done a bad job at getting items from one place to another. Don't fall victim to lousy movers; follow these simple tips to find the right moving company for you.
1. Plan ahead and start early. Don't start looking for a moving company 2 weeks before moving day. Go over ads and search the Internet for movers at least 2 months before you plan to move, so you can gather enough information and check out which moving companies offer the best service.
2. Research and ask friends. The most reliable reviews are the ones that come from your friends. Ask for recommendations and for feedback on the moving companies your friends or relatives used before. They might even be able to work out a good deal for you.
3. Ask for an in-house quotation. Narrow your choices down to three or four companies and have their agents go to your house to estimate all the items you need to move. Be sure to show the agents everything you plan to move so they can give you accurate quotes. This is also a good time to gauge how the company works. If their agents are friendly and easy to talk to, then chances are, you won't have a headache dealing with the movers in the future.
4. Ask all the questions you can think of. Make sure that everything is clear to you-from how long the company has been in existence and how many trucks and staff they have to how fast they can move items and how much you can claim for damages.
5. Don't go for a moving company just because they charge less. The safety of your furniture, appliances and items cost much more than the amount of pounds you think you're saving with a cheap moving company. Research, ask for recommendations, read reviews and use your own sound judgment to gauge the efficiency and professionalism of a moving company.
Haste makes waste, the adage goes so don't rush into choosing the first moving company you see. Take time to study and narrow down your choices. Remember the tips above when choosing a moving company that you can trust.